If you’re looking for a creative and unique way to showcase your houseplants, macrame plant hangers are a perfect solution.
Not only do they add a touch of boho-chic style to any room, but they also help save on precious shelf and table space.
How to Make Macrame Plant Hangers
- Cotton cord or twine
- Measuring tape
- Wooden beads (optional)
- Measure and cut four pieces of cord to your desired length. For a standard plant hanger, each piece should be around 2-3 feet long.
- Fold each piece of cord in half and create a loop at the top. This will be where the plant hanger hangs from.
- Take the right cord and loop it over the other three cords. Then, thread it under the center cords and up through the loop. Pull it tight to create a knot.
- Repeat step 3 with the left cord.
- Keep repeating steps 3 and 4, alternating between right and left cords, until you reach your desired length for the hanger.
- Once your hanger is long enough, gather all the cords at the bottom and tie them in a knot. You can add beads to the ends of each cord for extra decoration.
- Finally, place a potted plant in the hanger and adjust the cords as needed to ensure the plant hangs evenly.
Congratulations! You’ve just made your very own macrame plant hanger.
Experiment with different cord lengths and bead styles to make a variety of hangers to fit your unique style.
What is the best type of cord to use for macrame plant hangers?
- Cotton cord or twine works best for macrame plant hangers because it is strong yet flexible.
Can I use different types of knots to make a macrame plant hanger?
- Absolutely! Experiment with different types of knots to create unique and beautiful plant hangers.
How do I keep my macrame plant hanger clean?
- You can spot clean your macrame plant hanger with a damp cloth and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or submerging it in water.
Can I use a macrame plant hanger outside?
- Yes, you can use a macrame plant hanger outside as long as it is made with weather-resistant material.
How do I adjust the height of a macrame plant hanger?
- Simply untie the knot at the top of the hanger and adjust the length of the cords to your desired height.